Atlanta hospitals are responsible for maintaining proper operations and providing adequate medical treatment for their patients. Hospitals are also liable for the actions (or lack thereof) of their doctors and nurses. If you’ve received improper treatment during your stay at a hospital, then you may have grounds for a lawsuit.
Medical Malpractice Issues That End Up as Claims
If you’ve experienced any of the following medical malpractice issues, then you may have a lawsuit on your hands:
- Failure of staff to diagnose medical conditions
- Failure of staff to notify the patient of test results
- Numerous medication and prescription errors
- Failure of hospital employees to comply with health and safety standards
Examples of Hospital Negligence
Some examples of hospital negligence include:
- Failing to ensure that all hospital staff and independent contractors have the proper credentials for their particular job.
- Being understaffed to the point where patient care if suffering.
- Losing, mishandling, or unlawfully transferring confidential patient records.
- Giving a patient the wrong medication or improper dosage.
- Negligent care during an operation such as uncleanliness, or leaving a foreign object within the patient’s body.
- Providing incorrect treatment.
- Insufficient dressing changes of patient’s wounds.
- Disregard of medical care standards.
Seek Help from An Attorney
If you think that you’re the victim of medical malpractice or negligence, then you should discuss your case with Kevin P. Race, our Atlanta, Georgia injury lawyer. We specialize in medical cases like these and are prepared to help you evaluate your claims, review your medical records, and help you through the process. Give us a call today. We look forward to working with you.
Posted on behalf of
5555 Glenridge Connector Suite 550
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 751-4720Mon.-Fri.: 9am-5pm